1. How did you come to do what you do? Was this a lifelong goal?
I began working in the EAM field as an internship. Working in software development was a goal from a young age on through college.
2. What do you enjoy most about working at EDI?
I like working closely with the rest of the EDI team. Several of our team members work together across multiple projects, which allows us to complete common goals effectively.
3. What motivates you every day?
I enjoy the sense of accomplishment as a project moves through the various phases from development through delivery. This is what motivates me every day.
4. What makes you unique and different? I appreciate both major aspects of my role at EDI. That is, getting to sit down in front of the computer to do product development, as well as client-facing interactions such as being on site and business consulting.
5. What are your favorite types of projects to work on?
I appreciate working on the airport implementations. I have family background in the aviation industry, so this was an interesting area to end up working in.
6. What are your future career goals?
I would like to continue helping establish a development team capable of allowing EDI to grow and effectively deliver projects in a timely fashion.
7. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far? The best career lesson I have learned so far is to never stop learning. This makes your career more fulfilling if you are constantly taking on new challenges.
8. What has been your favorite memory while working at EDI? For one client, the EDI team was able on a tight timeline to kick off a project and have Maximo up and running in a Production setting in about two months. This is significantly faster delivery than most projects.
9. Outside of work, what do you like to do for fun?
Outside of work, I enjoy being out in the sun, either at the beach or on a boat.