1. Was this a lifelong goal? / How did you come to do what you do?
From a young age, I was fascinated by computers, the hardware that made them work, and the software they ran. I grew up working on them and writing programs for them to run. I knew I made the right choice after my first college internship. Fifteen years later, I still find myself passionate about the software engineering field.
2. What motivates you every day?
I am motivated by and enjoy learning new skills and finding creative solutions to solve problems.
3. What are your favorite types of projects to work on?
I enjoy projects that present unfamiliar problems that require me to seek out new information in the software engineering field to find solutions.
4. What are your future career goals?
My career goal is to grow into a leadership role and continue to advance my knowledge base in the software engineering field.
5. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
The best career lesson I have learned so far is don’t just hear, listen.
6. What do you like most about working at EDI?
The ability to collaborate and brainstorm with my peers to achieve objectives makes working at EDI rewarding.
7. What has been your favorite memory while working at EDI?
During my time at EDI, we’ve rolled out numerous continuous integration products to improve our delivery process. It brings me great satisfaction each time a new product goes live and we start seeing the cost savings and reliability improvements each one brings.
8. Outside of work, what do you like to do for fun?
Outside of work, I enjoy outdoor activities with my family. We’ve recently gotten into riding bikes and exploring area parks and trails.