EDI was tasked with Maximo System Administration services for the PANYNJ, and was responsible for the following administrative activities and support tasks:
- Installed, configured, and supported all database, web server, and operating systems provided by PANYNJ in support of Maximo
- Created, entered, and maintained users and security groups
- Worked to ensure infrastructure performance and capacity requirements were met
- Managed support requests and conducted problem determination
- Maintained integrity of separate environments: DEV, TEST, and PROD
- Applied hot fixes, updates, and routine maintenance to Maximo, database, web server, and operating system software
Maximo Support, Enviance Replacement
EDI provided post-implementation maintenance and support services for all Maximo components implemented in the Airfield Asset implementation. Additionally, EDI implemented an Enviance replacement in Maximo along with additional enhancements using the eSAM for Airports solution.
EDI helped the authority to replace their dated Enviance application and merge the previous functions into the PANYNJ Maximo system. EDI conducted workshops, developed/configured, migrated data and trained key PANYNJ personnel on how previous Enviance processes would then function in Maximo. A functional specification and technical specification document were developed detailing the processes and configuration.
Incorporated assets included: Air Emissions, Deicer Use, New Jersey Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit (storm water), Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission (Sanitary Permit), Storage Tanks (regulated only), and Backflow Prevention Devices.
EDI provided professional services for a task order to migrate from the Access database (FuzzyNet), spreadsheet, and paper legacy systems data currently used by the PANYNJ Communications, Security, Electronic Group (COMSEG) to the Enterprise Asset Management System (Maximo).