eSAM - for Airports
Airports are unique in that they have many operating departments.
Such as Landside and Airside Operations, Facilities, Maintenance, Security, Concessions, Marketing, and even Real Estate, which require managing asset classes in different ways.This variety of departments and assets may require disciplines and skill sets with varying, and often competing priorities to maintain them.
Airports also provide services to a variety of customers, not just passengers; stakeholders include airlines, concessionaries and other tenants such as FBO’s. The complex working environment in Airports is generally comprised of several unions with multiple business flow rules, certifications, work schedules, etc. which present a challenge when trying to assign responsibilities across many locations. Airports are also driven by weather and outside events as well as regulations imposed by the FAA for Airfield Inspections and Safety Management System (SMS) requirements. Simultaneously managing these functions can prove to be a daunting task.
eSAM for Airports Solves the Problem:
EDI has developed an Airport-specific industry solution utilizing IBM’s Maximo that helps address the Enterprise Asset Management requirements typical and unique to airports. eSAM for Airports is the comprehensive EAM software solution for Airports.
eSAM for Airports Benefits:
- Provides crucial information associated with EAM to support long and short term planning
- Helps work through challenges of automating processes and implementing organizational change in large union environments when coupled with EDI services
- Highlights work order responsibility for tenants to control costs. Through an interface with Airport lease management systems, eSAM for Airports can highlight whether the reported problem is Airport responsibility, tenant responsibility or airport responsibility with cost recovery
- Improves efficiencies through the ability to track specific labor certifications and qualifications within a trade prior to executing work on assets and includes Safety Plans, SOPs, and Qualifications functions
- Stabilizes airline rates and charges by tracking labor distribution and overall O&M costs
eSAM for Airports includes business process services, templates, and prebuilt solutions including:
- Airport Maintenance Organization Templates
- Airport Location & Asset Hierarchy Templates (Airside and Landside)
- Facility Commissioning Process and Asset On-boarding
- Drawing Transmittals
- Airfield Safety Inspections (Part 139 & NOTAM) with Mobile
- Planning & Scheduling
- Lock Shop and Key Management
- FEMA Event Management / Snow Operations