Airport Industry Case Studies
EDI has successfully implemented and upgraded IBM’s Maximo at several airports in the United States.
Airports have very specific asset management needs that can only be addressed by an IBM business partner whose personnel have a deep understanding of the unique attributes of airports. EDI is able to leverage its airport experience to better effect organizational change and gain stakeholder buy-in through demonstrated airport situational fluency.
By helping our customers move away from Corrective Maintenance and calendar based PM’s to Predictive Maintenance or RCM models, EDI is able to eliminate wasteful work efforts while optimizing the lifecycle of their assests.
Our services include:
- Airport Facility Maintenance, Commissioning and Sustainability
- Airfield Operations and Maintenance
- FAA Part 139 inspections
- Airfield paving
- Airfield lighting
- Airfield signage
- Fleet Management with warranty tracking
- Airport Warehouse/Materials Management
- Parts inventory with bar coding or RFID
- Central, satellite, and mobile storerooms
- ITIL compliant Information Technology Asset and Service Management
- Airport specific integrations
- Property management
- Runway friction testing
- Fuel systems
EDI’s experience implementing seaport and airport asset inventory and maintenance management systems is unmatched by any other IBM Maximo Business Partner.
Our delivery of quality airport services is significantly improved by staying involved with multiple industry associations. EDI's commitment to various airport associations allows us to stay current on the challenges and issues facing the airport industry and differentiates us from all other IBM Business Partners.
EDI is highly active and is currently or has in the past sat on the following airport association committees:
- Airport Council International – North America
- Associate Member and Sponsor, Business Information
- Technology Committee
- Associate Member and Sponsor, Operations and Technical Affairs Committee
- International Facilities Management Association
- Associate Member and Sponsor, Airports Council
- Florida Airports Council
- Past Chairperson, Corporate Committee
- Associate Member, Board of Directors
- Associate Member, Facilities Committee
- Associate Member, Information Technology Committee
- Airport Maximo User Group (AMUG) – Founding Sponsor
- American Association of Airport Executives